Monday, July 1, 2013

Sinanju Stein - Part 2

Been slowly coming together, so here's some shots of the work so far.  Don't have a shot of the eyes post touch up, but I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I wasn't sure at first about the green, but they ended up looking really good with the black.

The big thing so far is that I've done most of the work on the inner frame.  Took forever to cut and sand all those parts (sorry for no pictures of those), but I got that done and got to painting.  I used gold, black, silver, a lighter silver, some green trim (which will show up more in the outer frame (I think..?)), a metallic blue, and a black with a very light touch of silver.  Unfortunately, it looked fine when mixed, it looked fine when tested on paper, it looked fine on a white plastic spoon, but then when applied to the dark grey plastic, the silver pretty much vanished..  Didn't want to mess with it or try adding extra coats since it was for the inner frame, so what can ya do~
A shot of the torso.  Some of the parts I left unpainted so it wouldn't be totally inflexible.  I need to assemble the cockpit before I make any more progress, but waiting on this to get in so the pilot will be a normal pilot rather than Full Frontal..
Boring shot of the waist.  The mount for the bazooka was supposed to be the only part here that is flat-black -- sadd..  Fun fact, the Stein doesn't have any polycaps -- you can see the waist joint it uses.
Goal for the week is to finish the backpack, but I'm really lazy when it comes to priming..   I'll close with a shot of the prep so far on the shield:


No comments:

Post a Comment