Friday, July 26, 2013

Sinanju Stein - Part 4

Just a quick update -- here's the completed bazooka.  It took a lot longer to get it done than expected..  The white barrel was too thick when it was originally painted so I had to remove the paint, reapply it, sand down the part it slid into, and then it worked out.  The missiles (which you can't see in this image) also took forever.  The red paint just kept coming off when I tried to mask it, so it led to having to resort to hand painting after stripping the paint and starting over.  That said, I didn't realize the end of the bazooka also moves, so whenever that moves, it does scrape a little..  I imagine this will just be a display piece though, so I'm ok with how it is~

Unfortunately, it looks like this is the last thing I'll be finishing for a while.  Not going to be able to work on the kit for the next month (and I'm still waiting on that replacement piece..) and after that, going to be going out of town for a stretch.  Still, in the meanwhile, it gives me the opportunity to think of some new ideas for customizing the kit..

No comments:

Post a Comment